Sunday, March 16, 2014

If My People...


Confession is needed because every person has sinned. We may try to hide our sin or pretend it does not exists. We may try to point the finger of blame at someone else. However, the truth remains that God is always ready to change each of us, but spiritual change requires us to yield to Him. When we confess our sin, we ask “How do I know when I am forgiven of my sins and if I am forgiven, why do I still feel guilt?

Some people are harder on themselves than the Lord is. Of course, we must repent to be eligible for the cleansing and forgiving powers of the Atonement, but once we have repented, there is no such thing as a spotted repenter in God’s kingdom. There is no black mark on our right ankle that says “2008 sin” or brown stain behind our left ear that says, “2010 trespass.” The Lord declared the comprehensive cleansing power of the Atonement when He said, “Though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow” (Isaiah 1:18). That is the miracle of the Atonement of Jesus Christ.

This new plan I'm making with Israel isn't going to be written on paper, isn't going to be chiselled in stone; This time I'm writing out the plan in them, carving it on the lining of their hearts. I will be their God, they will be my people… I will forgive their sins and will no longer remember their wrongs." (Hebrews 8:10-12)

The promise is certain—if we do our best to confess and repent, we will be cleansed of our sins and our guilt will eventually be swept away, because the Saviour’s Atonement descended not only below our sins but also our guilt. Then we will be at perfect peace with ourselves and with God.

When we are at peace with ourselves and with God, then we can enjoy this privilege - If they pray to me and repent and turn away from the evil they have been doing, then I will hear them in heaven, forgive their sins, and make their land prosperous again.(2 Chronicles 7:14, GNT). God will heal our land when we have repented and turned from our evil ways. We can call upon Him in our days of trouble and he will deliver us.

Call to me when trouble comes; I will save you, and you will praise me." But God says to the wicked, "Why should you recite my commandments? Why should you… "Listen to this, you that ignore me, or I will destroy you, and there will be no one to save you. (Psalm 50:15-22, GNT).  Unless we consecrate our lives, we cannot obtain anything from God.

We also need to believe that He is …anyone who wants to approach God must believe both that he exists and that he cares enough to respond to those who seek him.( Hebrews 11:6, MSG). Even in our distressing moments, we need to trust God.


You and I can literally wake up, take a deep breath, and pray, “Father, I know you are sovereign over this day, that you will give me both bread and ability over my circumstances today, that you are willing and able to bring me through these things in accordance to your goodness. So therefore Father, be glorified in me today and help me to trust in you and your character as Jesus did. Make me more dependent on You like Jesus did, Amen!”

No comments:

Post a Comment