Sunday, March 24, 2013

IWA LEWA

Doing my post graduate studies in languages, i've come to appreciate the dynamism and beauty of language, 'efik, ibo, hausa, itsekiri, yoruba etc'. There is this depth, bond within a speech community we experience whilst speaking local dialect that the ambiguity of English Language cannot give. Abi no be so?...lol

An adage like 'Iwa Lewa' in Yoruba meaning, 'Character is Beauty'. Take in some deep breath and meditate on those words.

I've met really fine, i mean super-dressing, drop-dead-gorgeous looking persons in this life. You may even count it a privilege of sorts to be in such company but suddenly they open their mouth and your fantasy is dashed on the ground, like mud smeared on your face. Hmmm...the stink of pride, rudeness, poor character...no man can bear!.

Today the Psalmist says, "i will behave myself wisely in a perfect way. O when wilt thou come unto me? i will walk within my house with a perfect heart 101:2". So i ask, is it possible to be perfect? Can we have a perfect heart? 

Some of my friends said a blatant No! 'only God can be perfect they said'. But i beg to disagree. I believe strongly that we can affirm and cooperate with God's purpose to transform us into the likeness of Christ.

I remember my past. I was always angry or sad, not caring for anything or anyone, my soul hardened and black...Today, my life is different, filled with Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness and so much more by the instrumentality of God's word, his grace, mercy and prayers. i get closer to perfection daily.

That bad habit can be dropped; the Good habits developed. You can't change your life without effort. Whether it is losing weight , breaking a habit or changing your attitudes, every step forward requires effort. The key is to decide NOW to begin making the changes needed in your life.

i can tell you how for free; Develop a plan , list the areas of weakness, get Christian literature on that matter, commit to prayer, study God's word & get wise Christian counsel, we can cooperate with the Holy Spirit to make the changes needed to become more Christlike.

Make wise choices today, grow in Christ, Be Perfect, let the frangrance of your character exude today, develop Godly Character.

Character is Beauty; 'Iwa Lewa'.

No comments:

Post a Comment