Sunday, November 25, 2012

MY SUPERMAN


MY SUPERMAN
At some point in my life, I had a big crush on someone, I guess it was more than a crush; it was love. I called him my ‘Superman’ #maybe because i had loved that xter, but hey 'my Superman' was even much more than Clark Kent , the supposedly real superman#

It was so intense that if I ever had the slightest sexual thought about any other person, I’d feel terrible guilt especially he was always there when it happened. I looked forward to calling him up every morning and telling him how my day went in the evening or give him ‘gists’ during the day when anything spectacular happened. The only queer thing about our relationship was that I couldn't see him physically but he sure was real as ever...

Do you think Jesus’ disciples had a closer relationship with Him than you do? Why or why not? I need your honest responses.

It’s easy to idealise the lives of biblical characters. True, Jesus’ disciples had unique experiences with Christ during his earthly ministry. But Jesus return to the Father means there is no limit to the fellowship He can have with us or the extent to which He can use our lives in His service.

This week’s lesson at Sunday School points us toward defining characteristics of a deep and growing relationship with Christ. That relationship is to be reflected in the way we live; pleasing to God because we have been changed by Christ.  2 Corinthians 5:17

We should rejoice in the reality of Christ’s abiding presence in their lives, recognize that our identity has changed due to Christ’s presence in us and learn to practice acts of loving service as evidence of our lives in Christ.

We as Christians are different (and that’s the naked truth). We’re different because Christ (our Superman or Super-God ,if you may) dwells in us (Christ-like nature) . We work through conflicts with Christlike action as a witness to the world of truth of the gospel; living a new lifestyle despite the pull of temptation and evidences of our old life.

Our obedience is proof of God's redemptive work in our lives. There’s  no time to waste before end-time & judgement, wouldn't you join me today, make Him your Superman too?

No comments:

Post a Comment