Sunday, October 28, 2012

IT'S IN YOU


One of my close friends, Victor, (I think he has other interests) recently asked me, ‘what is your description of Love?’. Well, for me Love was being self-sacrificing, a no-secret-status between two parties, from being merely friendly to brotherly affection....

‘No!’, he said. ‘I meant between a man and a woman?!’. Taking a moment to think about it, ‘Yea’ I said, ‘its still comes to the same thing in every case; we would be self-sacrificing and do anything for those we truly love...’

Today’s lesson brings to view Jesus’s expression of Love.  What was the bond between him and his disciples? What is his relationship with humans today? He no longer sees us as servants or merely decaying mortals, but FRIENDS; friendly enough to tell us the secrets of God through written words (John 15:15); friendly enough to die for us (John 15:13); to pray for us (John 17: 9, 20); friendly enough to never want to leave us alone (John 17:23,26)

“I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s business. Instead, I have called you friends”, Jesus said.

Some people call each other baby, honey, sweetie but lack relationships with true demonstration of love; JESUS has simplified it, so I’d  need you to contemplate the implications of becoming Jesus's friend and accept His call to union with Him, his lifestyle (with the twelve and us all) is a living testament. Friendship with Jesus produces healthy, maturing Christians in our homes, at job, in church, in our country and the world at large.
 
Share God’s Love today, it’s in you

No comments:

Post a Comment